Thursday, December 31, 2009

Auld Lang Syne

It is bittersweet saying farewell to this decade. Looking back I can most readily agree that life has been good to me and mine.
In the beginning we welcomed our first precious little life into this world and our hearts.
In the middle we welcomed our second precious little life and it has been a wonderful and wild ride ever since! I also made some incredible self discoveries that have changed my life and allowed me to be a more free and open person and a better wife and mom as a result.
Now at the closing of this decade I look around, humbly filled with joy and awe at the beautiful friends and loved ones that surround me.
I am so thankful that I have eyes that can see all of the good and a heart that can hold all of the love.
By the time I see the end of the next decade my life will be completely different than it is now. My young sons will be men. This fills me with both sadness and eager anticipation.
Bring on the hours and months and years because I will relish every second.
Cheers to 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment