Thursday, May 6, 2010

Summer is coming.

Summer is hovering just beyond the horizon and I am so ready for it.
I want to be hot and sweaty and feel the breeze cool off my skin.
I want to tend my herb garden and hear my husband sigh with satisfaction when he tastes my inventive creations.
I want to hike with my boys up to a hidden waterfall.
I want to ride my bike around town and feel the wind in my hair.
I want to wear my summer dresses and see a dusting of bronze on my pale skin.
I want to lay out a blanket and watch the clouds float by.
I want to swim in the river which is equally terrifying and exhilarating.
I want to eat fresh vegetables that I picked with my own hands.
I want to can sweet, succulent raspberry jam that I will eat in the winter to remind myself of summer.
I want to read scads of books while I bask in that elusive Oregon sun.
I want to visit the vineyards and drink summer wine.
Its coming and yes please, I will have some of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment